What Type of Information Do You Collect?
We only collect information that is provided with 1) consent, or 2) a legal basis, namely, a legitimate interest. Personal information collected by the Company may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, social media account links, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information, as it is processed through a third-party server, via Dubsado and Stripe
We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you create an account - your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
- If you purchase from the Company - what you buy, how frequently you buy, and other products you look at.
- If you opt-in for an email freebie our sign up for mailing list - your email address, interests as indicated by checking the box,
- your email opening rate, and your click through rate.
- If you connect your account to another service such as Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Teachable, Disqus, or any other account capable of connecting to our website, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
- Any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure, namely for the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
How Do You Collect Data?
We may 1) collect data you submit to us through forms, check out modules, or other methods, or 2) automatically collect website use information when you visit our web site, by utilizing cookies, Local Shared Objects, and web beacons.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website to, among other things, help us improve our site and your experience. In addition, this site uses targeting or advertising cookies to count visits to our site and to see which topics, products, and features are popular to our users. These cookies are used by third parties such as social networks and advertisers to collect information about your browsing habits and share it with other websites so they can display advertising relevant to you, provide services, and to allow Like buttons and Share buttons to work. Most browsers feature an opt out of cookie collection, and you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you c an choose to turn off all cookies. The methods for doing so change from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
In addition, to identify Local Shared Objects on your computer and adjust your settings, visit:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The information we gather may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
The Company may also collect aggregated or anonymized usage data that does not personally identify you, but will provide us with information on site usage.
How Do You Use Information About Me, a User?
We use and processes information which we have either 1) consent, or 2) a legal basis to process,namely a legitimate interest. The Company may use the information we gather to:
- Administer our website and business, provide our services, ensure the security of our website and services, and maintain back-ups of our databases;
- Enable and monitor your use of the website;
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information;
Allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries;
Provide you with information about content, products, and services we offer, and advertise/market relevant content, products, or services to you;
Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
Quickly process your transactions;
Keep proper records of transactions;
Send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services; or to
Comply with, enforce, defend, or indemnify our or any other party’s legitimate legal interest.
How is my Personal Information Secured?
Company maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. We use strong passwords to protect all accounts containing user data, and keep hard copies (if required) of user data confidential.We use SSL certificates to protect your data. We maintain updated apps, programs, and passwords. While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you are concerned about your user data, please contact us at email@example.com
What happens if there is a data breach?
If there is a data breach, we will notify you by email within seven (7) days.
How Can I Update My Personal Information?
Company offers choices for you to update your personal information and the way we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Sign in to your account, if you have one, and visit the Account Settings section to manage your preferences and to update your personal information.
- Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to discuss your updates to your personal information.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transaction-based communications, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations with the Company. Users can opt out of interest-based advertising through:
- Twitter at https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
- Facebook at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- LinkedIn via the privacy control setting within their LinkedIn account, or,
- For all targeted interest-based advertising information, by using a tool like http://optout.aboutads.info
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does Rock Paper Sisters Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We
may share information with any Company subsidiary or holding company, insurers, professional advisors, website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety, and for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or an administrative out-of-court procedure.
We retain the email addresses of those who send us email, who purchase goods and services via our website, who register for access to our site, and who subscribe to our email newsletters. We retain these email addresses, along with other information you provide, in our mail list service, Dubsado and/or Mailchimp. We do not disclose these email addresses to third parties by list sharing or selling your information.
We sometimes work with third parties or our carefully selected advertisers (Third Party Services) to analyze user’s preferences, provide content, products, or services of interest to that user, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad). Third Party Services used on this website include:
- Mailchimp, Dubsado, Printful, Printswell, Squarespace Analytics,
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We use anonymous aggregated data about our customers or users to allow us to create marketing profiles, determine site metrics, provide up-to-date information to potential advertisers, and provide other support services.
How does your website interact with Google?
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. You can access these principals at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We utilize the following Google Services:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
Contact, Questions, and Feedback
Email: email@example.com -or- Mail: PO Box 894 Hurricane, West Virginia 25526
This policy is valid from May 2018
At Rock Paper Sisters, we work hard to provide our customers and readers with the best content and services available. In our blog, and throughout our site, there may be products, services, or other links that are considered affiliates. This means that we may receive a small commission from our review of that product or service or through your purchase of the product or service. This does NOT effect your purchase price of a product or service and the compensation is provided to Rock Paper Sisters from the companies with which we work. All products and services that are affiliated with Rock Paper Sisters will be clearly identified.
This blog is a collaborative blog written by a group of individuals. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.